Author
Topic: BJZ Prefix -What happened to it?  (Read 3369 times)
JB-2007
« on: May 22, 2004, 11:37:29 pm »

As of May 22nd there have still not been any BJZ prefix reported... What happened? Why did the BABN suddenly stop printing. Why did the CBN suddenly take over with their EJA-EJ.. Prefix?
jonathan
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2004, 04:29:01 pm »

I think that there will be a BJZ prefix printed eventually.  It's just that until the Journey $100's all of the 1975 and 1988 $100 issues were printed by BABN.  However, the debut prefix on the new Journey $100's was BJY (which I believe is incomplete), and then followed the EJ* notes printed by CBN.  The CBN have never printed any of the older $100's until just recently.

And I noticed that the 1986 and 2002 issues of fives, the 1991 $20's and the 2001 Journey $10's all shared printer letters.  Most of the 1986 $5's were printed by CBN, with prefixes ENA-ENZ, EOA-EOZ, EPA-EPZ, GNA-GNZ, GOA-GOK, but after GOK came the first BABN prefix, ANA and running till partly through ANF, then the BABN resumed printing with the prefix GOL to GOZ, GPA to GPF, then the BABN resumed with the completion of ANF and ran through part of ANH.  After that, the GP*'s resumed with GPG and ran through part of GPW.  After that, the BABN resumed the AN*'s with the rest of ANH and running through part of ANP, then resumed the GP*'s through GPZ then the debut of printer letter "H" with HNA and HNB, which concluded somewhere in the 9-M range.  After that, the last of the 1986 $5's resumed ANP and continued through its final prefix of ANU, before releasing the new Journey $5's, starting with prefix ANV and running through part of AOF, then, to this day, all the current prefixes are HNC to HNN.

The same theory went for the 1991 Birds $20's, beginning with prefixes starting with "E" and alternating from that to "A" and so on.  Although the first Birds $20  prefix debuted with prefix EIA, most of our current design $20's begin with "A" - the latest "A" prefix is AYN, and the latest "E" prefix is EYD.

Now, all of the birds $10's were printed by BABN, starting with prefix ADA and ending with BEH.  The CBN never printed any of the birds tens.  The Journey tens are the first tens to share printers, with the debut prefix of FDT (starting where they left off on the 1971 tens with FDS) and continued through FEN, then released BABN prefixes BEI, BEJ, and BEK.  However there have been no tens printed since the issue of BEK back in August 2003, but that is beside the point.

The new Journey $100 should be sharing printers for the first time ever, so we should see a BJZ BABN prefix in the distant future, but I don't believe pretty soon.

As for the Journey $50, I'd say the debut prefix will be AHA.

And that's my two loonie's worth.

Later, Jonathan
jonathan
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 12:32:31 am »

BJZ is officially released.  There might be a chance that the ones reported may be insert notes ???

Bye 4 now, ;)
Jonathan

Login with username, password and session length