Author
Topic: $20 2004 Journey Jenkins-Carney AUE presfix  (Read 3975 times)
live free or die
« on: December 30, 2012, 02:27:11 am »

I got a bunch of uncirculated 20's from the machine and they are in sequential order.  I tried to find info on the AUE prefix and jenkins-Carney sigs, but alas I have not found anything... Do I own some rare bills or counterfeits?

you help is appreciated
Weeles
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2012, 08:05:15 am »

Hi...
 The AUE prefix was printed in 2010 (BC-64b-I in the charlton press catalog) , they are just a normal note.
Valued UNC $25- GEM UNC $30.

Been collecting few bills for about 15 years but now getting into more serious collecting.

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 10:53:23 am »

If you are able- check out the link to the serial number db ("serial number data base" on top toolbar) to get an idea of how common (or rare) your note may be. 

Hope this helps.

richard
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 10:54:15 pm »

Thanks very much, that helps as well.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 08:55:24 am »

Please keep in mind that you can only make general inferences of the quantity of a prefix found.  The newer the issued prefix- the less reliable the data is since numbers are still being entered.  We have often seen rash conclusions made based on new SNDB data (now esp with the Polymer series).  You should allow a year (or more) for data collection to become a good indicator & even then do not be too quick to make assumptions (esp if you'r considering making a purchase of a note based on a SNDB claim).  If you start entering serial numbers yourself than you will become more familiar with the SNDB.

Login with username, password and session length