Author
Topic: What are the odds?  (Read 4327 times)
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« on: November 22, 2013, 01:46:23 am »

I got 60 of the same notes back from the bank in the same order that I had deposited with the same bank. They were a mix of old and new $5. Most were crisp but some were circulated.

The only thing is that there was a 5 day gap between the time I deposited and the time I withdrew.

In a different transaction that involved multiple notes at a different bank 5 of the notes I got were the same as the ones I deposited with 30 other notes but 15 days before.

And this one really takes the prize:

I got several sequential notes from a bank. Four days later at a totally different bank I got 7 notes that belonged to the same sequence as I got earlier but with different numbers. All these notes were crisp.

The only reason I got to know about this is because SNDB gave me an error saying the notes I had entered were already in the database and when I checked my own database lo and behold I was the one who had entered them.

A bit creepy for my liking.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 09:45:06 pm »

>What are the odds?

1 in 6.

8)

Oh, wait, you were being rhetorical.  :D

OK, seriously, it's probably closer to the odds of rolling up the rim to win 3 times in a row.  Eh, coffee lovers out there?  You know what I'm talking about.

Ok, this time, I'll be serious for sure.  It's probably a good indication that banks handle so little cash these days.  Or an indication that you live in a really small town.  Or both.  In my own experiences, I'm quite surprised that I have managed to avoid getting bunches of previously-seen notes when I make exchanges at my "financial institutions".  But then these "financial institutions" handle far more cash that the average bank, plus they like crisper, newer bills for their "clients".  So when they get crinkled, ratty bills, they send them out for destruction... and that's how they end up at your bank.  ;)

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length