Author
Topic: Cataloging Your Notes  (Read 3821 times)
therealco1986
« on: January 28, 2014, 10:25:22 am »

Folks,

I've started wondering how many notes, and what the general worth of them is as a collection.  I thought it'd be interesting to see how others have done this, and whether or not people have been cataloging their notes.  Today I started from smallest and oldest denomination and working my way through the Charlton guide as per my opinion on the grading.  I used a spreadsheet to do so and exported it to a PDF.  It looks quite nice.  I only wanted to do it this way so I could keep track to make sure I don't lose any somewhere along the lines.

The other thing, I have them in a mix and match of banknote holders. I partly want to get them into binders, but I don't like the look of many binders I see.  I do like the numismatic ones that have the cool looking leather bound feature.  Anyway, if there's interest I may post my catalog on here.  I'm cautious to do so immediately, just in case of security and such!

Thanks,

Ryan
Bruxi
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 09:49:38 pm »

I am undergoing a shift from quantity to quality, so I hope to get down to a manageable number that doesn't require any bookkeeping...
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 08:47:29 am »

I'm cautious to do so immediately, just in case of security and such!
Keep your catalogue to yourself.....posting a special note that you want to show off is one thing, but revealing your collection on line personally does not seem like a wise idea....unless of course you list your full mailing address and specific hours you will not be at home :D

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Shylo
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 01:23:22 pm »

I agree with squid...

A complete list is an important document to have.. not only for your records but it should also be put into your estate planning.

With respect to binders... currently I'm using some very simple and cheap ones, but occassionally if/when I see a sale on 3 ring photo albums .. I usually buy those... Every now and again I'll look into a print shop, camera shop or bigger store to see what they have... if I can get the album for under $10 I usually pick up a few.

Login with username, password and session length