Author
Topic: What's the problem with imageshack?  (Read 3840 times)
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« on: February 07, 2014, 07:10:09 am »

Hi,

I have tried to post pictures of my finds to the forum without success this past week.  I copy and paste the url of my image as I have done a million times before but it doesn't show up in the post.  One thing I noticed is that the picture does not appear in the preview pane even though a code is generated for it.

Is this an imageshack problem or is it my computer?  I haven't changed any settings on my machine.

Dean

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2014, 07:07:37 pm »

I have encountered this problem in the past.  At least for me, it seems to occur more when the source file is too big.  ImageShack might be "timing out" during the upload, telling you it's done when it is not and thus failing to complete the task of generating an address for the image and the compressed thumbnail.  Maybe you need to reformat the images you're trying to upload to make them smaller.  I can't see why images need to be larger than 1600 pixels wide, but many people generate high-res images well over 2000 when this is highly impractical since most people don't have displays to accommodate these sizes.

Resizing is easy if you have simple software like MS Paint.

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length