Author
Topic: Trading Post  (Read 3610 times)
Tanthalas17
« on: April 02, 2014, 04:17:35 pm »

Hi,

I am new to collecting Bank Notes - recently started my collection by visiting a few local shops and purchasing online. Had a couple of disappointing purchases online like a suggested AU 1937 20$ bill which really turned out to be VF to EF.

I was hoping to sell off a few of my items that I really don't want in my collection - Without breaking any rules or guidelines to the forum, how should I go about selling them? Take them to a local dealer? Attempt to sell them online? Advertise on here? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 05:52:04 pm »

Welcome to the forum.

All of the methods that you describe would be valid ways of selling your notes.  Keep in mind that dealers are trying to run a business and so might offer you less than catalogue price for your notes.

It is always wise to be cautious when buying online.  I don't do it myself, simply because I like to see and feel the notes in person.

If you want to sell on the forum, you must have a minimum number of posts before that option will become available to you.  Once it is, be sure to include a detailed description and scan of the note(s) you are trying to sell.

That's it! 

Dean

alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 07:19:00 pm »

Chris: To protect yourself, make sure there's a return policy when you buy an item online. The don't be afraid to send it back, especially if it's from ebay, where sellers are notorious for overgrazing (or under grading if you pay attention.) You should be protected even more if you pay via paypal...
Tanthalas17
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 09:25:13 pm »

Alvin5454: I know I am highly contemplating returning a few of these notes - very unimpressed with the quality.

-Chris

Login with username, password and session length