Author
Topic: How do you know it's a replacement?  (Read 3797 times)
Shylo
« on: April 07, 2014, 04:50:55 pm »

I was hoping someone could enlighten me on how one can determine if a note is a replacement note or not...

I know you can look it up on the list here on the data base.. or the Gilies list...

What I'm talking about is the process that a bricker would go through...(please speak to me in simple terms)

I would assume that someone gets one or several bricks from the bank and starts going through each bundle....

Now what would be the indicator that they have a replacement note in their bundle?

Is it that one note has a completely different prefix?

I'm just curious.. any insight would be helpful.. trying to understand this hobby from different perspectives.

Thank you
tripoli
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 07:56:18 pm »

For these questions, I'm sticking to collecting replacement bills with an old fashioned asterix on them!
Tanthalas17
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2014, 04:55:02 pm »

Shylo: What do you mean by brick? and more importantly a brink from the bank?  :-\

-Chris
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 05:12:24 pm »

Regular notes smell like maple syrup while replacement notes smell like strawberries.

:-D

I'm sorry, I just couldn't let that go unsaid.  :-X

No hay banda  
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2014, 08:39:54 pm »

Funny you say that - The replacement notes I found in a bundle smelt like someone's lunch. Is it possible that they store all the replacement notes in the lunch room before they are used.
:D

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?

Login with username, password and session length