Author
Topic: Bank of Canada Survey  (Read 3743 times)
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« on: April 12, 2014, 11:30:19 pm »

Last week I got a phone call from a survey robot. It turns out that they were doing a survey on behalf of the Bank of Canada and the focus was on counterfeiting.

Although I did not capture the exact text of each question. The following provides the essence of each of the questions.

How likely do you believe you are to get a counterfeit bill?

How much of a problem is counterfeiting of Canadian bills?

How likely do you think cash using method results in fraud?

How likely do you believe that there are systems in place for controlling that protect you from receiving counterfeit bills.

----------------

I am assuming I was randomly chosen although I have corresponded with BoC on previous occasions on matters of currency and they do have my phone number.

On the spur of the moment I thought of jotting down the questions as they were being asked to share it with members here.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
tmort
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:57:10 am »

Thanks. That is interesting.

CPMS member
therealco1986
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 03:36:07 pm »

This is interesting.  I was in a store the other day, and asked if they had received any old notes lately.  They told me they don't accept anything before the journey series due to counterfeiting.  She told me specially the five dollar birds, because they don't have the security foil.  Very strange I thought, the five would be the least counterfeited.

I know some places don't take the larger denominations due to counterfeiting, but I don't think this is as big of a worry for the new polymer notes?  At least, not that I am hearing from the general public.
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 06:46:23 pm »

The pre-security journey  notes were counterfeited quite a lot as well as the birds twenties

Login with username, password and session length