Author
Topic: early canadian $1.00 bank note  (Read 4401 times)
coho
« on: August 04, 2006, 03:57:08 am »

I have a $1.00 note marked BANK OF WESTERN CANADA, S/N #245, 1 fold in middle,the word"CLIFTON" and signatures on bottom: E.J. Butler(cashier), and E.T. Richardson(president), and the words:INCORPORATED BY ACT OF PARLIAMENT. on bottom,picture of a lady with a crown and a gentlmen with a moustache, parchment coloured paper and images of front can be seen on back side clearly, not a photocopy in other words.date reads (month unclear) 11th 1859,want more details? anyone interested?.Rick.........rodgers@telus.net
Bob
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 09:30:20 am »

To make sure it's not a modern reproduction and to compare with a genuine example, go to
http://www.moneymuseum.ca/rare_westerncanada.asp
If your note doesn't have the red ONE protector like the one shown, it's a reproduction.
Read to the bottom of the page (at the moneymuseum) to learn more about reproductions.
The lady and gentleman are Queen Victoria and Albert, Prince Consort.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 09:35:48 am by Bob »

Collecting Canadian since 1955
coho
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 01:14:13 am »

thanks Bob the moderator, I quess after inspecting the note the way you showed me to see its authenticity I quess I am holding one of the many unscrupilous reproductions of the early to mid 1900"s...thanx a million....rick :)

Login with username, password and session length