Author
Topic: Currency Scoring Systems  (Read 4030 times)
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« on: November 14, 2006, 02:58:25 am »

I was just flipping through E-bay, and noticed a seller selling a devils face $1 note personally slabbed and graded. The slab is titled "Currency Scoring System", and all notes start with a grade of 100, and receive deductions, for any faults.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts are on this, and whether or not this is going to far? :-X

http://www.cavecreekcoin-currency.com/guide.html
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 03:02:19 am by Manada »

But always, there remained the discipline of steel. - Conan the Barbarian
canadianpaper
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 05:57:52 am »

IMHO - as "interesting" as it may seem to see someone create and use their own scoring system - I think its great to see someone really into the hobby. So in general I think its good. On the other hand, I wouldn't put value into anyone else's scoring system - private or commercial - unless it was inline with my own personal grading system of notes.

I collect graded coins myself. And as anyone that does collect coins a tried and true saying is "buy the coin not the holder". I belive with the advent of third party grading... it will be even moreso with banknote collecting... only because notes are more prone to various forms of damage and wear that is debatable than wear on a coin.

Again, imho...

Login with username, password and session length