Author
Topic: Debut prefix for the journey 50  (Read 3978 times)
JB-2007
« on: April 27, 2004, 03:58:14 pm »

Any guess as to what the prefix will be on the new journey 50. So far we know that the CBN co. has printed every bank of Canada 50. We are currently at FME. The BABN co. has NEVER printed any 50's for the bank of Canada and i dont see why they would suddenly start printing them. Anyhow i believe once again as always the CBN will continue to print the new 50 and they will continue in the FM*-FMZ run. That would likely be followed by GHA.
If by chance the BABN were to print the first ever 50... no doubt about it, prefix AHA is garanteed. But dont count on a BABN 50$
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 04:03:55 pm »

FMF actually... I had one from circulation a few months ago.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
jonathan
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 06:12:39 pm »

The CBN is now printing our Journey $100's.  Up until the release of the new $100, all of our 1975 Multicoloured and 1988 Birds issues were printed by the BABN, with the 1975 prefixes running from JA to JD and AJA to AJM.  Then the release of the Birds 1988 $100's continued with the AJ*'s with prefix AJN and ran through AJZ, then switched to printer letter "B" in the mid 90's starting with prefix BJA and ran through BJW.

Then, just a little while ago, the debut prefix on the new $100 was BJY and after that were the EJ* prefixes, printed by CBN.

Now, the prefixes on our 1975 and 1988 $50 issues were all printed by CBN, beginning with prefix HA to HD, and then EHA to EHN, plus prefix EFA, for the 1975 issue, and the continuation of the EH*'s on the 1988 Birds $50's with prefix EHP to EHZ, and then switching to printer letter "F" early in 1993 with the release of FHA through FHZ and now FMA to FMF (as BWJM already stated!), and as of yet, the BABN have never printed our $50's.

So, with that being said, I strongly predict that the debut prefix for our new Journey $50's will indeed be AHA - although we might see one more FM* serial number prefix on our new $50's (possibly FMG) before we switch to AH*'s, just like the new $100's started with BJY and then EJ*'s

If I were you, I'd place my bet on AHA.

And that's my twoonie's worth.

Later, Jonathan
jonathan
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 10:44:24 pm »

I'd say, judging by the patterns of the debut prefixes on our first Journey $100's and $20's, that there will be CBN and BABN prefixes released on the new $50's at around the same time. :D

Here's the scoop:

When the new $100 was unveiled last winter, it was rumoured that BJY would be the debut prefix, and it was indeed BJY and EJ* prefixes when the new $100 was released last March. :)

Now, when the new $20 was unveiled last August, it was rumoured that it would begin with prefix EYG.  But, when I looked on the forum on the day of release, there were several EY*'s and AY*'s reported to the forum. :)

So, with those two theories, I can presume that there will be FM* and AH* prefixes released on or around the first day of release of our new $50 note. :)

And that's my VII cent's worth. ;D

Bye 4 now, Jonathan ;)

P.S. : That will be my absolute final prefix prediction until the next new series of notes - whenever that will be.  I was only mentioning a theory here. ;D
JB-2007
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 12:26:35 am »

we'll find out soon i guess

Login with username, password and session length