Author
Topic: New Member Looking for help  (Read 5089 times)
npcoins
« on: April 21, 2015, 10:56:24 am »

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and I am still trying to find everything. I have been collecting notes for about 8 years and coins for about 6. My focus is usually on world items but I am trying to get all of my Canadian notes organized which is why I joined here. In regards to the SNDB is the goal to add all the notes we have there or just the ones that are a high or low number. Also I was wondering if there was a place I could find a list of the rare harder to find serial number prefix-signature combinations. I have a Charlton that is a few years old and it has a little bit but I was looking at a new one but it doesn't seem to have any polymer notes in it or much from the Journey series. So if anyone has any ideas as to where I could find such a list or if anybody has a list that would be willing to share with me that would be appreciated. I would also appreciate if anyone has any tips on what I should look for when I am looking at the bills I get from the bank or in change (other then for radar notes) that would be appreciated as well. I look forward to interacting with you all on this wonderful site.

Regards
JB-2007
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 12:44:41 pm »

The Charlton catalog of Canadian Government Paper money 27th edition is the most up to date reference book there is. It is fully complete. Covers the entire journey series and all polymer series released up until April 2014. All polymer notes released after that and up until about now including newer (or updated) replacement ranges will be in the next edition of paper money catalog to be released likely in July or August.
And of course this site, which is the best for the latest up to date info on all the latest notes.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 04:06:24 pm »

The SNDB you mention also has the relevant info you seem to be seeking (& the Wiki site can provide some info on the printing and other insights too).

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 08:30:04 pm »

Between the SNDB, the paper money Wiki, and the Charlton catalogue, plus whatever the CPMS publishes these days, there are enough resources for any collector to get their questions answered.  All you need to do is take the time to access these resources and read them.

Also I was wondering if there was a place I could find a list of the rare harder to find serial number prefix-signature combinations.

Ahh, yes, the old magic list question.  Who needs resources when someone has done all the work extracting the most pertinent information, putting it in list form, and is willing to give it to anyone who asks (for free)?  It sounds like you are looking for the stripped-down online version of the catalogue.  If it exists, I don't know anything about it.

No hay banda  
npcoins
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 04:02:26 pm »

Ahh, yes, the old magic list question.  Who needs resources when someone has done all the work extracting the most pertinent information, putting it in list form, and is willing to give it to anyone who asks (for free)?  It sounds like you are looking for the stripped-down online version of the catalogue.  If it exists, I don't know anything about it.

I am willing and I will go through the resources to get this information. But like anybody if such a list did exist then I would use it as well. Never hurts to ask.

Login with username, password and session length