Author
Topic: Canadian 20$ misprint  (Read 5156 times)
jp_jamit
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:05:53 am »

Hello all,
 I have a Canadian 20$ that has the serial number printed mirror on the face side....can anyone tell me what its worth ? ???
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 03:45:48 pm by jp_jamit »
jp_jamit
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 11:55:27 am »

« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:11:00 pm by jp_jamit »
viauauto
  • CPMS MEMBER #1625
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 05:38:44 pm »

Hello jp_jamit,

I think this error in Charlton 22nd edition is "Offset serial number mirrored on face" E-18-vi

Book value is 75$ for a bill in Unc condition so yours can be a little less...

Maybe other member can confirm this

P.S. I'm interested to buy it if you interested selling it. Thank

8) Patrick 8)
* Solids 1 Digit & Error Notes 4 Life*
Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 06:43:15 pm »

Are the 2 pictures of the same note?

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
copperpete
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1408
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 09:11:30 pm »

Just a question:  How can the two numbers be the same, if there is an offset serial number mirrored on the face?  The mirrored number should it not be one unit higher (or lower) depending in which order the numbered sheets are stacked up?

Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 10:18:26 pm »

I almost feel like this is a test so if it isn't i apologize.  :-\

So to begin I'm not sure if I'm looking at 2 different notes or 2 pictures of the same note.

If it's offset printing it would have to be a different serial number then the one with the back serial number. If these are 2 notes what are the odds that someone found 2 consecutive notes printed in 2004. The picture of the note showing the back serial number if in fact is offset printing would show signs of some ink being smeared but it's clean. If the 2 pictures are the same note that means so much ink was applied that it bleeded threw to the front of the note without any smearing? lastly if the picture is of the same note the plate combination ( from what i can see) doesn't exist, 31/35?

what am i missing?

MG

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
jp_jamit
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 11:49:51 pm »

This is the same note.  I just scanned the front and back in two separate  scan shoots. The note is exactly what you see on the pictures I posted.
AZ
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 11:56:17 am »

Someone carefully traced the serial number on the face with a black marker?
jp_jamit
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 01:13:39 pm »

Someone carefully traced the serial number on the face with a black marker?

If you look at the face side of the bill, you will notice that the serial number on the right is more pronounced
that the one on the left. Do you think while this person was tracing this bill, he ran out of ink?... LOL...Believe me, this is original ink that some how got stamped or bleed on the face side of the bill.

Login with username, password and session length