Author
Topic: So new to this  (Read 3460 times)
Donna
« on: November 05, 2007, 05:12:23 pm »

Hi I am very new to the hobby. Ok here go's I was told that I should insure my notes but I don't no how or if you can even do this can some one let me no I have some 1935 bills canadian and us
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 05:27:08 pm »

If you search insurance on this site you will come up with a few items of interest for example

Outside of Hugh Woods in Toronto, there are very few insurance companies that will insure a collection. There are many restrictions on this insurance coverage, and deductables.

Many professional dealers can give a value on the collection, there are a few CAND dealers in Montreal and area that can do that. Fees for doing this range from about $50 per hour to much higher. for this work.

cand.org has a list of dealers.

The big question is ...are the notes you have worth paying the price of insurance or are they safer in a SDB at your bank.

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Donna
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 05:53:46 pm »

Thank you for answering me so fast. I really couldn't see any one insureing them  it is papper so my next question is if your in the hobby how do you no the money you buy on the net or other collecters is there's and not some one els. Do we right down the numbers off them or what. Sorry I no it sounds stupid I just don't want to buy some one's grannys money if it isn't the persons to sell

Login with username, password and session length