Author
Topic: $50 Bonin-Thiessen and Knight-Thiessen  (Read 4022 times)
Bernard_Schaaf
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: July 17, 2008, 07:37:30 pm »

Hello  again,  Friends:
              My  Canada  album  still  lacks  decent  high-res  images  of  these  two  recent  $50  notes.   Everyplace  I  find  an  image  it  is  always  part  of  a pair  of  something called  a  "signature set,"  with  a  little  tiny, blurry  image.    Were  these  $50's  only  issued  in  pairs???   Didn't  any  bank teller  ever  give  any  customer  a  single   $50  Bonin-Thiessen  or  Knight-Thiessen  note??  Did  these  notes actually  circulate??
               If  any one  of  you happens  to  have  either  of  these  notes and would  be  willing to  send  me  a  pair of nice  high-res  images  (I  only  need the  obverses),  I  would  appreciate  it.
              One  copy  of  my Canada  album  was  available  for  viewing  at  the  recent  Memphis  Paper  Money  Show---does  anyone  from  Canada ever  go to that  show?? 
              I  am  still  working  on  the  albums  on  Chartered  Banks,  and  have  recently  finished  Bank  of Montreal,  so  I am  halfway  through.  This  set  will  run  to four volumes,  and  should   be  available for  viewing  at  Memphis  next summer.
              I  am still  having  trouble  getting  scanner copies of current  US  and  Canada currency.  Anybody  have  any suggestions??
               My  thanks  to  all of you.                         Bernard  Schaaf

Fenian
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Budding error and variety collector!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 08:22:56 pm »

Is your scanner refusing to scan current Journey series notes? PM me with your scanner info (model, make etc) and I may be able to help.

Fenian

Error, Variety, and Special Serial Number collector
CPMS #1645
RCNA #22496
StormThief24
  • Wiki Editor
  • That's a *DE replacement... If only it were mine..
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 10:00:36 pm »

No, but I suspect that for some reason, the collectors that saved uncirculated notes either got them in multiples, or used them to assemble signature sets.

Back with new packaging, same great wiki editor!
Bernard_Schaaf
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 01:48:29 pm »

Dear Fenian:
                    My  scanner  is  HP  Scanjet  G400;  my  programs  are  Adobe Workship  7.0  or  Adobe  Workshop  CS;  my  printer  is  HP  Photosmart  8570.   
I have tried printing notes upside down, or askew, but  with  no  luck.
                   Also,  can  you  tell  me why  nobody seems  to  have  a  SINGLE  $50  Bonin-Thiessen or  Knight-Thiessen;  every  ad  I  have  ever  found  is  for   "two  consecutive,"  or  "consecutive  pair,"  or  "signature  set."   Why is  that---were the  notes  not  cut apart.  Did no  one  ever spend  a  SINGLE $50??
                     Thaks  for the help.   Anything I can do for you??         Bernard
StormThief24
  • Wiki Editor
  • That's a *DE replacement... If only it were mine..
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 02:57:36 pm »

I have no clue, but I have found an eBay auction with Buy it Now of about $70 on A Bonin-Thiessen note. I'm not sure if the auction has ended yet, but I'm sure it will be relisted. I'll PM you with a link if you're interested.

Back with new packaging, same great wiki editor!

Login with username, password and session length