Author
Topic: Assorted Bank Notes  (Read 3640 times)
walkerbout
« on: October 18, 2012, 08:08:05 am »

Hello Everyone,
I am not a collector and I have inherited a late relative's bank note collection.  It consists of about 225 mostly Canadian bank notes dating late 1800's to early 1900's.  I have taken it to a collector and was given some prices.  Some are very rare.  I want to sell the notes...my question is...am I better to sell them all to the collector or should I break up the set and sell them individually.  Would I get better prices?  I am not in a hurry to sell but would appreciate any advice as to what I should do.  Thank you very much.
stashthecash
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 09:06:17 am »

Hello Everyone,
I am not a collector and I have inherited a late relative's bank note collection.  It consists of about 225 mostly Canadian bank notes dating late 1800's to early 1900's.  I have taken it to a collector and was given some prices.  Some are very rare.  I want to sell the notes...my question is...am I better to sell them all to the collector or should I break up the set and sell them individually.  Would I get better prices?  I am not in a hurry to sell but would appreciate any advice as to what I should do.  Thank you very much.

Personally I would not sell all the notes to a collector because I doubt that you will be getting  top dollar.
If you are not familiar with the notes and how to grade them you may be best off dealing with one of the more reputable
auction houses. They may be your best bet for exposure and best prices. You can always put reserves on notes just to ensure
that something rare isn't just given away.
Good luck
walkerbout
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 09:58:09 am »

Thank you....I think that is my next step, to contact some auction houses.  Appreciate your input.

Login with username, password and session length