Author
Topic: 8 sequential serial number 1954 2$ Bills (Canadian)  (Read 8870 times)
Jeeps4evr
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2007, 09:18:00 pm »

i just got them today and i didn't look at them that closely...  only after i did a little research and know what to look for... like i said i know nothing about old money or how they priced.... i was just looking for a ball park fiqure as to what they are worth
Jeeps4evr
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 11:09:37 am »

here's a pic of all 9 notes

so does anyone have an idea as to what it is worth as a set?

....168 has a number 1 written on it and 174 has a number 9 written on it other than that the notes look in real good condition...not wrinkles or anything else that i had noticed

Thanks again for all your help so far ;D
Jeeps4evr
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 07:59:50 pm »

anyone have and idea to a price range? i would like to have an idea as to what to sell them for?  i don't want to get ripped off and you guys seem to be very insightful as to prices

Thanks  ;D
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2007, 08:06:19 pm »

You can always put them up on the trading post and take offers.
You will only get what someone will pay for them.

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2007, 09:57:46 pm »

A member here tried to sell a set of 5 (I believe) *R/R (UNC condition) but could not.  There's not as big a demand for consecutive notes as there used to be.   Although consecutive runs are less common to find than single notes, very few collectors can afford to purchase them and tend to shy from acquiring such.

From the look of these notes, I'd guess the 7 clean notes are EF+ to AU could fetch from $400 - $500/each depending on each notes true condition and the offers you recieve.  Since the notes have not been stored properly you may want to sell them in person.  Otherwise you could run in trouble with ebay unless you simply don't grade them (why invite trouble?)

As for the #__166 and #__174 with writing... may be about $175 to 225/ each ...

hope this helps...

Jeeps4evr
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 05:41:50 am »

thanks again guys for all your help.. i looked into getting that catalog yesterday and they said they will have the new ones comming in soon so i'll pick one up. i would like to take them in to a dealer somewhere clost but i don't think there are any in my town.  I see that you can send them somewhere to get them appraised for conditions and such do you think this is a good idea and how much would it cost to get it appraised?  would this increase the value

thanks  ;D
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 10:48:22 pm »

"New" catalogues were released in early July. You might want to check the Charlton web site and have one shipped to you. Might be faster than your local dealer. Where are you located?

Login with username, password and session length