Author
Topic: Note that smell bleach....  (Read 10442 times)
gonkman
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2008, 09:43:51 am »

So would you mind enlightning us on how to get rid of the smell?

If you don't want to tell everyone you can send me a PM.

I would like to know.  Not that I have any bleached notes.. cept the one from that E-Bay Presser/Bleacher  French whacko who is still selling notes again.

I would appreciate a PM with how to.. unless its a secret you plan to keep till you die. :)

Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2008, 01:13:55 pm »

Yes, it would be a great service to Forum members if details of the smell-removal process were to be posted.

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).
venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2008, 03:21:10 pm »

It's actually much simpler than that, and the note never comes in contact with my secret substance, which just so happens to be very widely available, even at convenience stores, and is fairly cheap.

No, definitely won't affect the physical aspects of the note, but it does remove the scent.

I'm thinking it's either baking soda or mothballs...but more likely baking soda since mothballs are pretty smelly.

nova7415
  • Errors are the best as there are only 1 of a kind
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2008, 07:33:52 pm »

It's actually much simpler than that, and the note never comes in contact with my secret substance, which just so happens to be very widely available, even at convenience stores, and is fairly cheap.

No, definitely won't affect the physical aspects of the note, but it does remove the scent.
Gotta LOVE that "Febreze".......it removes all harmful odours ;D
moneycow
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2008, 08:58:31 pm »

I'm thinking it's either baking soda or mothballs...but more likely baking soda since mothballs are pretty smelly.

[edit]Comments removed. This forum is rated E for everyone, so all wisecracks must be in good taste. --BWJM[/edit]
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:32:28 pm by BWJM »
YuMan
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 09:06:48 pm »

Quote "baking soda"

It let me recall someone teach me to use white vinegar + baking powder as one of the cleaning method at kitchen to kill the smell.

Brent, you better let us know what is your way ....

Yuman
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 10:55:52 pm »

Brent, you better let us know what is your way
LOL,Dont count on it

Login with username, password and session length