Author
Topic: Matching serial #'s but not matching prefixes  (Read 3041 times)
jvickers
« on: April 07, 2011, 06:14:29 pm »

Hi

If two or three notes (i.e from different series) have the same serial number, which are radars, how much could you expect for the set?

more specifically,

a 1986 $2 6592659
another 1986 $2 6592659
and a journey 20 6592659

again, the two's have different prefixes, so not an error, but just matching numbers, same goes for the $50. The notes are regular issue and range from a strong EF to GEM UNC.

How much?

Thanks so much
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 06:37:40 pm »

BTW your numbers are not radars but repeaters.....

as far as radars go some people say they have no more value than the radar has on its own, and matching radars are much easier to find than just matching serial numbers since many collectors hang onto the radars or collect them therefore easier to match to.
Personally I collected some matching radars but I never had an interest in collecting anything if not atleast an unc....but others collectors may feel different.
Since more brickers appeared in the past years... that lead to more radars being found and kept and in turn reduced the value of radars as well...
Another instance occurred a while back when literally hundreds and hundreds of radars were dumped on the market which again lead to lower prices ...Im sure supply far exceeds the demand and again a reason for their drop in value...
Like anything thing else...if someone is interested they may pay a small premium for matching sets but for others they are probably not of interest....

« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 06:39:31 pm by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
jvickers
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 12:14:28 pm »

thanks so much for your response.

Login with username, password and session length