Author
Topic: Rotator  (Read 3017 times)
Hounddog
« on: May 05, 2008, 05:10:25 pm »

Hi! I purchased this 1923 twenty-five cent fractional note some time ago, serial number 689689 and paid what I felt was very little premium for the number. My questions are, is this a repeater note as well as a rotator note and just how rare would this be. I'd also be very interested in what you would considered a fair market value, other then whatever you can get, the condition is very fine. Maybe someone has past handlings with similar items or just an well educated guess, all information would be considered helpful. I tried to post pictures but was unsuccessful.                Thanks Bill

[img
rocken
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 09:10:45 pm »

Hi Bill,
Your note can be considered extremely rare.There are only 127 rotator notes printed in every series of 10 million notes. Since your note is a fractional note from 1923 there would have been  less than 10 million issued and I would estimate only a few surviving rotator notes.It is difficult to put a value on such a note but a high grade  would  increase the price substantially.
I hope this helps,
Rocken

CJ_Sidewall
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 09:21:53 pm »

{http://www.geocities.com/cj_sidewall/banknotes/1923_25c_689689.JPG}

{http://www.geocities.com/cj_sidewall/banknotes/1923_25c_689689_Back.JPG}

Posted on behalf of Hounddog.
Hounddog
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2008, 03:37:01 pm »

Hi again! I,d like to thank Rocken and CJ for their help and assistance. The picture does make the note appear washed but I really don't think it has been, I believe the flash I used with improper white balance caused this appearance. I took a extra picture without the flash and I'll again attempt to insert it here.

Thanks again Bill

[attachment deleted by admin]

[img

Login with username, password and session length