Author
Topic: Old trick flea market sellers use when buying paper money.  (Read 8515 times)
Art_1_ Paper
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 02:01:05 am »

If a note is not circulated but flawed because someone "mishandled" it, then too bad. I'd rather have a nice AU note than a "UNC-62" that I will pay more than UNC just because it has never been circulated but has mishandling marks.

It's sad that the next generation won't be collecting for the notes but for the holders that say what the values are.
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 02:15:54 pm »

It's sad that the next generation won't be collecting for the notes but for the holders that say what the values are.

I never invoked Third Party Grading into this discussion.  That's a whole other issue and I'm certainly not an advocate of "professional" grading opinions.  Until someone invents a machine that grades paper money more accurately and consistently than humans, I'll take my notes raw, TY.  Professional grading and overgrading are closely related (lol), but that's beyond the present discussion of whether Charlton's new grading system is valid or not.  I tend to think it is, and anyone that wants to hold onto the old system is welcome to because they will effectively marginalize their buying activity and thus reduce competition.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 02:24:56 pm by mmars »

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length