Author
Topic: Problem With eBay?  (Read 3012 times)
1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« on: November 21, 2009, 07:34:14 pm »

Hello,

I was just on eBay and tried to do a search for Bank Of Canada and came back with no results. Which is odd because usually this come back with well over 1000 items. So I did a search for just 1954 $10, and still nothing. Is anyone else having this problem? I can still see the items that I am watching in "My eBay". I just can't search for anything.

Update: I Think eBay might be "down". I went to there homepage and clicked one of the items that was on there but I am still getting this error. "We were unable to run the search you entered. Please try again in a few minutes."
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 07:46:51 pm by 1971HemiCuda »

Northwest5
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 07:43:19 pm »

I tried this also, with no luck getting anywhere with cdn paper money.  Some sort of ebay glitch, and I would think it will be fixed soon.
MAS1
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 08:32:31 pm »

It seems that the site is down, I tired searching other items as well still showing me zero results.

coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 08:52:19 pm »

eBay worldwide search engines are all down.  However, there is a way to get around it. 

Go to the "advanced search" (next to the search bar.  Type in what you are looking for, and then, check mark the "Title and Description", and voila, everything pops up.   The left hand "refine search" works, so you'll be able to filter your searches. 

Seems that a lot of auctions are closing at less than the usual price, so there are bargains to be had.  Bad for the sellers though. 

I hope that helps. 

Smile from your heart.  ;D
chilliwackdave
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 12:06:23 am »

Thanks for the tip !!!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 01:04:18 pm by chilliwackdave »
Hounddog
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2009, 09:24:39 am »

Your certainly right about not good for the sellers. I know I definitely lost out, I had an item that had over 180 viewings and 21 watching and these figures never changed in the last 1 1/2 hours of the auction. Everyone knows that in many cases most of the bidding is done in the last minutes or even seconds. However If you had the listing on your watch list in your 'My eBay" then you could access it from there and this did help somewhat. I myself will eat my losses and honour all deals, for those that lost hundreds or perhaps even thousands I'm not sure if they should be obliged two fulfill the auctions ending in that time frame. Just my thoughts  :-\

Hounddog

[img

Login with username, password and session length