Author
Topic: Letter from Gilles Pomerleau Re: Brick Searching  (Read 6985 times)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« on: November 30, 2009, 08:48:01 pm »

The following is a two-page excerpt from the upcoming December CPMS Newsletter, pp. 127-128, including a letter from Gilles Pomerleau. Gilles has specifically asked me to post this on the Canadian Paper Money Forums for all members to read.

Click here to read the letter
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 09:09:38 pm by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 10:10:46 pm »

Thank you Gilles for writing that article and invitation to virtually the whole community of paper money collectors to participate in the gathering of info.Looks like checks and balances with so many involved.Unless trust has left the building, ;D.

It looks obvious to me Gilles thought it important enough to get this out to the community before the next CPMS letter.Now what would ever cause him to think that,lol!

Thanks for posting it Brent.I found it very helpful and certainly clears up any air of doubt that may come about in the future.

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 11:01:48 pm »

After having read the letter from Gilles and discussing the matter with some other members I would like to encourage everyone to send any brick information to Gilles or any one of the other members that is specifically working with Gilles on this new endeavor.  I will be submitting all of my current data, as well as any other data that I have collected from other searchers that have agreed with me on this matter.  I sincerely hope that by having all of this information being gathered by these members will greatly benefit the hobby regarding insert and replacement notes. 

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 09:04:06 pm »

After having read the letter from Gilles and discussing the matter with some other members I would like to encourage everyone to send any brick information to Gilles or any one of the other members that is specifically working with Gilles on this new endeavor.  I will be submitting all of my current data, as well as any other data that I have collected from other searchers that have agreed with me on this matter.  I sincerely hope that by having all of this information being gathered by these members will greatly benefit the hobby regarding insert and replacement notes. 

FRIEDSQUID

Nicely said.  I stand corrected  ;)

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length