Author
Topic: Someone other than HM on the $20?  (Read 16198 times)
Slugboy
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2004, 09:50:49 pm »

...or maybe Mr. Dressup as HM's replacement portrait? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(NOT!)

What about the Friendly Giant? The actor playing him is dead, so it wouldn't violate the "portraits must be dead" rule (I'm not sure if it is an official rule, but in general, all the people on our money are dead, except the Queen). And there was a picture of the Little Prince on the old French 50 franc note, so there is precedent, sort of (the note was actually honouring Antoine de Saint-Exupery, the author of "The Little Prince")
comox
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2004, 11:01:36 pm »

What about someone that has made a difference in the quality of peoples lives.
Frederick Banting and Charles Best ( co creators of insulin) definately would get my vote.
Their discovery has led to the saving of untold lives.
And, yes they are Canadians. :o

Gordo
eyevet
  • Wiki Contributor
  • CPMS Life Member #101
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2004, 11:49:18 pm »

Re: Celine Dion on the $20.  I think this is a neat idea, but only if they dress her up like the lady on the back of the 1937 $20 bill - with a boob showing  :o -  and ah yes she can be sitting on a camel.  ::)

canadianna
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2005, 05:47:43 pm »

Maybe like someone said earlier, we should do like the British and have the queen on the front of all the banknotes and put important Canadians on the back of the bills, along with a theme. Maybe we should just leave the bills like they are, but feature a prominent Canadian who is not a politician on the back, and depending on who the person is, feature a theme that has something to do with that person. For example we could feature John Maccrae on the 10$ bill since it features his poem and peacekeeping, Bill Reid on the 20$ since it feature his artwork, and so on. Or we could just introduce a 200$ and 500$ banknotes so that we can feature some promenade Canadian on the front. just some ideas  ;) ;D

Login with username, password and session length