Author
Topic: 1920'ish Chinese Provincial Bank note. Can someone Help Identify pls?  (Read 5278 times)
gonkman

Hello..

I am hoping one of you folks has some knowledge of World Bank Notes.  I recently got a hoarde of World Banknotes and I have identified them all except 1!!

From all the Googling, Krausing and E-Bay searching I could do this is what I have..

It is a Chinese $100 note from approx 1929. 

Krause listed a similar note as pick S3000  but the back of the note is entirely different and it states "The New Fu-Tien Bank"  my note is just "The Fu-Tien Bank"

Krause also lists a "Fu-Tien" $100 note as Pick S3018 but "No Reported" notes so there is no Picture.

Now I did find a Note on E-Bay which is pretty similar to mine except mine does not have a Series Letter before the serial number or the Chinese Character Stamped on the Left on the back.  Other than that it is the same.

Below are pictures of my note.

And the note below is the one I found on E-Bay but the back has the Chinese Character and the note also has a Letter Serial Prefix.

If anyone has any info on my note such as a Krause Pick number or an estimated value I would appreciate it...

Been scratching my head on this one for a while.

Thanks...
Ottawa
  • Very Senior Member
  • World Paper Money Collector
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 12:48:39 pm »

I'm pretty certain that both of the illustrated notes are facsimiles. Remember that fake paper money as well as fake coins are emanating from China these days. I purchased a very similar note on eBay about 3 years ago (the same colour as yours but I forget the exact Pick #) and it turned out to be a cheap fake (it cost me $30.00). The original notes were printed by the ABN Company and should be heavily engraved (raised printing). The one I purchased on eBay had a poor flat printing but that wasn't evident from the blurred scan. The designs on the notes in your scans appear to be fuzzy and I'd bet money that they're fake.

" Buy the very best notes that you can afford and keep them for at least 10 years. " (Richard D. Lockwood, private communication, 1978).

Login with username, password and session length