Author
Topic: Replacement $5 Note???  (Read 5398 times)
50monarch
  • Every note gets me one step closer to Cayman
« on: February 09, 2010, 05:35:33 pm »

On eBay (270528108642).  How is it possible that this is a replacement banknote?  It's even PMG graded and noted as a replacement.  Judging by the number of times the seller uses "Replacement" in the description, I'm thinking he/she knows it is not a replacement note. 

I guess my question is, how can a Company that grades banknotes for a living not know what is and is not a replacement banknote?  Maybe Brent has a spare Charlton Catalogue that he can send to PMG.  ;D
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 08:22:23 pm »

This is the what the seller has on his description.....I guess this says it all ???

WE OFFER A 7 DAY NO QUESTIONS ASKED RETUN POLICY ON ALL UN-GRADED "RAW' ITEMS.THERE ARE NO RETURNS ON 3rd. PARTY GRADED ITEMS

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:04:13 am »

I notified the seller ac couple days ago that this was not a replacement. Here's the response:

HI SIR,
I KINDA HAVE TO LIST THE NOTE AS PMG HAS ON THIER HOLDER.THEY ARE THE LARGEST GRADING COMPANY IN THE BUSINESS,BUT I WILL LOOK INTO THIS TOMORROW.I ADMIT I KNOW LITTLE IF NOTHING AT ALL ABOUT CANADA CURRENCY.ITS JUST A COLLECTION WE PURCHASED AND THE PMG POPULATION REPORT AS WELL AS HERIATAGE AUCTIONS AS WELL AS THE PMG HOLDER ALL STATE ITS A REPLACEMENT ??? I WILL SEE WHAT I CAN FIND OUT.I'AM SURE YOU KNOW MORE ABOUT IT THAN I DO.
THANKS,GOD BLESS,BILL

Listing has not been withdrawn or adjusted.....
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 06:31:18 am »

And this was my response from the seller
THANKS,I JUST WENT BY WHAT THE HOLDER SAID.
GOD BLESS
Funny thing is that the holder doesn't say all of the other stuff he has to say about the note in his description....
Maybe I should bid and start my own PMG holder collection of flaws  ;D

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
gonkman
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 03:29:30 pm »

Well its cancelled now..

Looks like PMG Likes Canadian Money...  All the notes he has for auction are GEMs..

Sometimes I think PMG Justs has 3 Stamps... 65,66,67.

They randomly selects one of the 3 for each note being graded.  :)

Sorry... shots at PMG are so easy.  Too easy..

Login with username, password and session length