Author
Topic: New to collecting, looking for some advice to avoid being ripped off  (Read 4238 times)
87Megalodon

Hello, I am new to collecting money and find it quite intriguing. I have been reading a lot of the posts in this forum and it seems that many people disagree with the PMG ratings, and advise to asses the bills themselves before purchasing. I was just wondering what collectors do when considering buying a bill off of ebay. I notice a lot of the bills are PMG graded. Also how do you know that the bill is not counterfeit? Do any serious collectors use ebay, or does everyone just avoid it? Any help would be much appreciated.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 08:33:32 pm »

Hello, I am new to collecting money and find it quite intriguing. I have been reading a lot of the posts in this forum and it seems that many people disagree with the PMG ratings, and advise to asses the bills themselves before purchasing. I was just wondering what collectors do when considering buying a bill off of ebay. I notice a lot of the bills are PMG graded. Also how do you know that the bill is not counterfeit? Do any serious collectors use ebay, or does everyone just avoid it? Any help would be much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum
Sent you a pm Hope the info helps
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length