Author
Topic: Polymer Radar Addition  (Read 6986 times)
leeann
« on: February 01, 2004, 12:46:19 pm »

Just one of those things you *must* share with someone who understands...  ::)

A while ago, I added a polymer 2003 Zambia 1,000 Kwacha  radar note to my collection...
EA/03 2032302.  I have it in a set of 5 UNC sequential.  ;D
Peter_Bauer
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 10:42:28 am »

Hi LeeAnn,

how popular is it to collect those "radar-notes" ?
You are number two in my radar-list.

Do you also collect other number combinations ?
Some Australian collect first and last issues, some American collect by birthday serialnumbers.

Best, Peter
Steve11
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 01:53:38 am »

The Zambian notes are very colourful aren't they....my "best" world radar though has to be the two notes from Suriname...one is an older (still new though) with a bird on it (some tropical thing) and the other is the new release..still nice..much "brighter" than the Canadian notes....

My neatest find in world radar (not polymer though) was a 1955 2 1/2 Shilling ?? (going by memory here) from Tonga...numismatically the note is worth twice what I paid for it..then add on a radar premium ?? and I made quite the little deal.
kai
  • Collector of world banknotes
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 07:43:27 pm »

Hi Leeann,

Even though I have so many polymer notes (world wide) in my collection, I must say that I only have few of them with radar serial numbers. It's not that I can't buy them, but somehow, one has to look at what kind of radar numbers first before paying a high premium for the note. The one you have is nice, and I think I have one (the best in my collection) is with serial 077770 (2001 Australia $5 Federation note). Unfortunately this is not the first prefix AA note.

I am aware that there are many radar notes collectors, even in Australia, but to me unless the number is nice or perhaps unique, it is not worth paying a high price for it. Of course, some radar numbers are most sought after by collectors and to me, numbers like 123321, 100001, 0001000 and others. I believe I have more repeaters (001 001) that radar notes, unfortunately these repeaters are worth less as compared to radar notes.

http://paperbanknotes.blogspot.com

Welcome anyone who wishes to exchange uncirculated banknotes with me. Many Thanks

Login with username, password and session length