Author
Topic: Suggest a Caption Event - Photos Needed  (Read 5898 times)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« on: April 05, 2010, 11:54:27 pm »

Many of you who have been here on the forums for a few years will remember when we posted a humorous photo and asked everyone to submit funny captions...

Well, I would like to do another one of these again soon. But I need photos!!!

If you think you've got a photo we can use, please email it to bwjm @ cdnpapermoney . com.

By submitting a photo, you confirm that you are the original photographer of the photo and you agree that the Canadian Paper Money Forums or its staff may use the photo at their discretion at any time in the future for any purpose including but not limited to this "Suggest a Caption" event.

Please do not post photos to this thread or any others. One photo will be selected from those submitted and it will be posted to the forums for members to suggest captions. More details will be announced at that time.

There are no prizes or any other incentive for having your photo selected, although we will give you credit for taking the photo.

Once again, if you think you've got a photo we can use, please email it to bwjm @ cdnpapermoney . com.

I would like to have a photo selected within the next few weeks. The deadline is flexible and will depend on the number and quality of submissions.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 11:03:50 am by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:49:06 pm »

Brent, presumably you are looking for humorous photos that are numismatic-related.  Is that correct?  I don't see you mentioning anywhere what kind of photos you want!

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 05:23:54 pm »

Doesn't have to be numismatics related... I'm looking more for creativity and participation, so if you think of something, take a photo and send it in. We're looking for the kinds of photos that someone will look at, laugh, and think up a funny caption for. As long as it's clean, I'm good with that.

The photo a few years ago was of some random person sprawled out across a discarded couch beside a dumpster. There were some pretty creative responses to that one. I can't wait to see what people think of this time!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 09:47:25 pm »

I am surprised that nobody has sent anything in yet... I thought this was a fun activity the last time we tried it and it certainly attracted a fair bit of attention.

I suppose if nobody is interested, I won't waste my time. I am hoping everyone has simply forgotten and that this reminder might spur a few folks into sending in some photos.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.

Login with username, password and session length