Author
Topic: Interesting error!  (Read 3538 times)
Hunter
« on: April 14, 2010, 03:20:56 am »

Find item: 350328072463

I think I figured out which serial numbers are the correct ones.

Does anyone else have any guesses to which of the four serial numbers are the right ones?

Is it just a harmless prefix-kix or do I live for that next prefix-fix?
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 10:12:12 pm »

I think it would be pure speculation unless we were actually there to see what exactly happened.

All are valid serials (except the one missing a digit) since FDT was a full run from 0000000-9999999

You would need to see a few more examples or another note from the same run to figure out which one was wrong.

For the bottom for example, both serials fall within the range because it was a full Print Run of ALU. But if you were to find another error note as such then by comparing the serials you would be able to determine which one is the error serial.

{http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/1714/6digitmismatchh.jpg:http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/1714/6digitmismatchh.th.jpg}
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 10:22:04 pm by Wizard1 »

Hunter
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 12:24:49 am »

Of course you’re right I don’t know for sure, I’m only guessing but if you’re interested I think that both the serial numbers on the right side are correct.

One of the serial numbers is 8782686 and it’s on both notes. Obviously one note has to be wrong they both can’t have the same serial number. So if we look at the bottom note there’s no doubt that the left serial number was the one having problems it even missed one number. So if the left side is wrong then the right side must be the correct number which is 8782686. Now if we look at the top note, if 8782686 is the correct number for the bottom note it can’t be for the top note too, that leaves the right side being the correct serial number again.
    I think these two notes were only 200 apart from each other in the run and the printer started to make mistakes on the left side. On the top note only the first 6 was a mismatch and on the bottom note the first 6 and the 2 were mismatched and of course it has one missing number.
    But like you said it’s only speculation, for all I know all four serial numbers are wrong.

Is it just a harmless prefix-kix or do I live for that next prefix-fix?

Login with username, password and session length