Author
Topic: Bank of NS 1929 $5 on card with ephemera......  (Read 3319 times)
1dollah
« on: July 08, 2010, 05:17:41 pm »

Hi
I found this framed bill at a local yard sale, (local meaning Massachusetts) and I bought
it because of my ties to NS and because I felt it must have some collectible value.
The bill, Christmas card and photo are lightly attached to an aprox. 8 x10 cream colored embossed card with "watermark" on bottom which I haven't deciphered yet.
As you will see from the combination of items, the bill and the Christmas card are both signed by the President of the Bank of NS, S.J. Moore, (who went on to found Moore Business Forms). The men in the photo are identified on the back of the picture which says: 12/25/1934 Remembrance from S.J. Moore to Lempke, Ricket, Klein.
Apart from determining the value of the bill, does any of this accompanying ephemera enhance the value? Would any of you care about the whole package? The serial # on the Bill is 2660361 and it's a A. It occurs to me that there might be something special about the bill but I can't see anything when I compare it to others that I see at auction or in discussions.
Thanks for any suggestions, help.  Margo
{http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9515/dscn2464f.jpg:http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9515/dscn2464f.th.jpg}

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:01:51 am by 1dollah »
1dollah
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2010, 10:38:43 pm »

I know the pics are not clear...I have not completely removed the items from the frame to preserve originality of the pieces so you're seeing images through glass. . Here's a closer look at the bill. Thanks , Margo

[img]htt

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:32:57 am by 1dollah »
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2010, 06:18:24 pm »

I remember hearing a story about these notes a LONG time ago...

Apparently they were given to employees of the bank as a Christmas bonus...

Please correct me if I am wrong about this...

Dean

Login with username, password and session length