www.metrocbc.com - Metro Coin & Banknote Company
www.torontocoinexpo.ca - Toronto Coin Expo
President - Canadian Paper Money Society #1605
Director - J. Douglas Ferguson Foundation
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 02:26:13 pm »

I'm not complainning. I'm just saying, 5 years ago, we did not have dfferent types of Unc's. An Unc note was  flawless note, period. In fact, I remember a time when there was no AU either. Just EF and UNC.

Well, 300 years ago, we didn't have EF or Unc either because nobody was collecting paper money because paper money didn't exist.  So if you want to be a true purist, you wouldn't collect anything.  ;D

But seriously, long before Charlton adapted the tiered Unc grading system, a number of dealers used terms like Choice Unc and Gem Unc.  I can remember seeing these terms being used in the 1990s.  The system existed, but it wasn't endorsed by any paper fraternities in Canada.  You're more than welcome to use grading standards that were conservative even in the 1960s.  Just remember to be consistent and use these same standards when selling your notes in the future. 8)

No hay banda  
rarecoins2001
    • One coin per country collectors group
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 06:02:55 pm »

What about player card money?  There was also paper money in other countries 300 years ago.

rarecoins2001
    • One coin per country collectors group
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 06:13:24 pm »

What about player card money?  There was also paper money in other countries 300 years ago.
playing not player

kai
  • Collector of world banknotes
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2010, 05:46:53 am »

Oooops....wrong reply..sorry
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 05:48:49 am by kai »

http://paperbanknotes.blogspot.com

Welcome anyone who wishes to exchange uncirculated banknotes with me. Many Thanks
kai
  • Collector of world banknotes
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2010, 05:49:54 am »

Grading for polymer notes will be much easier in my opinion. It’s advantage is that once damaged, there is no way you can repair it, not like those washed and pressed notes available in the markets in may parts of the world. Even an uncirculated polymer note may still have flaws in it, especially if the note is designed with a clear or see through window. The weighted rollers used during the printing process may cause some roller lines which can be detected if viewed at a certain angle. 

I can't wait to see Canada new polymer note..... ;D

http://paperbanknotes.blogspot.com

Welcome anyone who wishes to exchange uncirculated banknotes with me. Many Thanks

Login with username, password and session length