Author
Topic: Series of 50 sequential uncirculated ones (1973)  (Read 2772 times)
davepl
« on: August 20, 2010, 09:44:36 pm »

Back in the olden' days of my Dad's hardware store, the bank once gave him a wrapped stack of 50 sequential, brand-new one dollar bills, so he hung onto them.  He's long passed and my mom has them now.

They are presumably uncirculated but you couldn't prove it, so I guess "About New" or "About Uncirculated" condition.  I know nothing of the serial numbers (other than they are in order, of course) but I think they're from just before the loonies were released, if I recall, which is why he hung onto them.

Any thoughts?
Northwest5
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 09:55:50 pm »

Welcome to the forum
Those $1 1973 notes are extremely common and even in uncirculated condition max out at 4.00 each according to the catalogue.  However, they printed billions of these notes and there is almost zero demand, so you may get a couple of bucks each.  Unless they where a low print series, of which there were some and you can ask here by posting the exact serial number, or if there is an * before the serial number or and X as the second or third letter they are spenders or gifts..  You may want to list them on ebay as there are collectors that buy unopened bundles like yours and therefor you may get some premium over face vale.  Good luck, Murray.

Login with username, password and session length