Author
Topic: New Journey Error Register  (Read 9805 times)
1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« on: September 01, 2010, 07:19:49 pm »

Hello,

I just want to tell everyone that the Wiki has been updated with another Error register! The new note that we will be tracking is the 2004 ELN Mismatched Serial Number Note.

Click Here to see the new register - Updated.

-Kyle
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 09:25:12 pm by 1971HemiCuda »

Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 07:26:51 pm »

Nice Job!

MG

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 02:03:13 pm »

[edit]Post removed because of blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda - mmars[/edit]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 09:16:00 pm by mmars »

No hay banda  
Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2010, 02:40:07 pm »

I would suggest that the register be built along the lines of the Charlton Catalogue. On page 364 we have E15 MISMATCHED SERIAL NUMBERS then it’s broken down to 3 groups from 1 digit mismatched to 3 or more mismatched. I would imagine that the more serial numbers that are mismatched would be more scarce. A suggestion you be to build 7 MISMATCHED SERIAL NUMBERS starting from 1 to 7 (has 7 ever been seen?) and not base it so much from prefixes or series.

MG

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
ShareBear
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2010, 03:10:29 pm »

I put together an excel sheet that was based on the different mismatched serial numbers posted on this site, auctions and ebay.  I have emailed this list to the admin of this site.

I think a wiki should be created containing all of the different mismatched serial numbers on one page.  Mismatched serial numbers have been reported for different prefixes and denominations.

1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2010, 03:20:19 pm »

Thank you for taking the initiative of creating this register.  Question: can it be expanded to include other prefixes?  The ELN notes already in the register are from three different serial number ranges, hence it would seem rather arbitrary to make a register that is prefix-specific.  There are errors known from prefixes ELP and ELL, as well as some $10 and $20 notes printed by BAI.  I'm willing to contribute but only if there's a consensus of how to go about it.

It was no problem mmars, and I will gladly expand the register to include more mismatched S/N notes. And if anyone has information on other mismatched S/N notes, I would love to see it so I can create more of these registers.

I would suggest that the register be built along the lines of the Charlton Catalogue. On page 364 we have E15 MISMATCHED SERIAL NUMBERS then it’s broken down to 3 groups from 1 digit mismatched to 3 or more mismatched. I would imagine that the more serial numbers that are mismatched would be more scarce. A suggestion you be to build 7 MISMATCHED SERIAL NUMBERS starting from 1 to 7 (has 7 ever been seen?) and not base it so much from prefixes or series.

MG

Hey MG,

I really thought about this idea, but I am still not sure.

If anyone thinks that MG's way is the better, I would like to hear your opinions on it as well. I am still on the fence about it.

I put together an excel sheet that was based on the different mismatched serial numbers posted on this site, auctions and ebay.  I have emailed this list to the admin of this site.

Hey ShareBear,

Can I get that information emailed to me as well?

My email is on my profile.

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2010, 08:38:15 pm »

How about a registry with all of the BTU and BTT errors that have been found :)

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 09:30:51 pm »

Hello, 

I just updated the register to include two more $20 error prefix's. I have only added two more because I don't have information about any others. The new register is organized by prefix and along the lines of the Charlton Catalogue. (See MG's post.)

MG

If you have more information about any mismatched S/N notes, please send me a PM.

Thanks,

-Kyle

1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2010, 11:15:04 pm »

Hello,

I just added 3 new error registries to the Wiki site!

The new registers are all listed Here

-Kyle
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 01:19:12 am by 1971HemiCuda »

ShareBear
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2010, 11:23:51 pm »

Kyle, the list that I emailed you of mismatched serial numbers included some serial numbers which has a _ or a SOLID block.  These were actually printed on the banknotes in the serial number area. 

The new lists of mismatched serial numbers looks really good...

1971HemiCuda
  • Wiki Editor
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS #1659
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 12:03:38 am »

Kyle, the list that I emailed you of mismatched serial numbers included some serial numbers which has a _ or a SOLID block.  These were actually printed on the banknotes in the serial number area. 

Hello,

I am not sure if we include things like that on the Wiki. But I will find out.

Thanks again for the email,

-Kyle

Update: I have added the Solid blocks onto the two notes.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 12:16:28 am by 1971HemiCuda »

rocken
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 01:42:22 pm »

How about a registry with all of the BTU and BTT errors that have been found :)
I suggested this last year but it was quickly dismissed  by the powers above.   ???

Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2010, 01:51:46 pm »

I suggested this last year but it was quickly dismissed  by the powers above.   ???

Developing registries is entirely up to individuals. If you have an interest such as Solids, ladders, errors....... you are more than welcome to build it and someone will be more than happy to help you get set up so if you think you have a great idea for a registry step it up a notch from posting a one liner on the forum to actually building one.

Regards,
MG

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2010, 02:46:18 pm »

I suggested this last year but it was quickly dismissed  by the powers above.   

Any reason why? Or was it just that it was so new that it was too early in the game to create one? I'm sure that many have been found with all of the searching that went on by some....would be an interesting thing to see :)

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2010, 06:55:10 pm »

Hi Brent,

I had emailed you a scan of my 2001 dated $10 note with mismatched serial numbers FDT 8782635 (left side) and FDT 8782835 (right side) for use in your money museum site.  Please add it to the database.

Dean

Login with username, password and session length