Poll

Should an "Off-Topic" thread be created?

Yes
12 (85.7%)
No
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author
Topic: Suggestion: creating an "Off-Topic" thread?  (Read 5692 times)
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« on: September 20, 2010, 12:57:38 am »

I just posted some info in the General Forum Comments thread because there really wasn't any other thread to post it in. However I do acknowledge that the info I posted has absolutely nothing to do with the forum, however it was posted because I'm sure some members would benefit from it.

So from this experience I propose that a new "OFF-Topic" Thread be created to accommodate any constructive/beneficial conversations, comments etc that have nothing to do with our Paper Money hobby.

To avoid spamming I also suggest that only members that have exceeded a threshold of 100 posts be eligible to create and comment on posts in said thread.

This idea is semi-borrowed from a Magic: The Gathering forum I am on. They have an Off-Topic thread and it works really well in terms of members helping other members out with random questions and just general off topic convos.

lmk what you guys think!

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 06:30:23 pm »

I think that makes sense.  As I was about to do an OT topic today, I read this thread... makes sense to me.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 07:22:38 pm »

This could be a very valuable thread.

In the past,I posted comments about the USD going par.At the time it was in the $1.36 range.Generated a lot of complaints to the mod`s,and understandably so.
In a back-handed way,it was paper-orientated ;D.

My intention was to `save` any forum members that cared,potentially,at least,a lot of cake.
Next stop for the USD is a thriller-but I digress till we get an OT thread with governing rules!
Till then,you can e-mail me!

twoinvallarta
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 05:27:15 pm »

70 hits and 5 votes? :o

abyss
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 06:29:09 pm »

70 hits and 5 votes? :o

I vote ....great idea :)
ikandiggit
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 09:41:13 pm »

I vote yes!
Northwest5
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 11:02:17 am »

I think it is a great idea.  It can only help as it will provide hopefully an opportunity for members, such as myself who do not post that often but look often, to add there 2 cents worth on all kinds of topics.  It will be quite interesting and of course, more opportunities to post will only better this already good site.

Login with username, password and session length