Author
Topic: Paper or plastic? new article  (Read 7880 times)
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« on: September 23, 2010, 03:50:38 pm »

An article that was slated for publication in the CPMS Newsletter has been put online early...

http://www.give-a-buck.com/closet/essay/editorial34.html

It deals with the Journey series holographic stripe and whatever is layered on top of it.  It's strange, if it's really plastic, you wouldn't expect to be able to tear it, right?

;)

No hay banda  
Kelly b.
  • CPMS #1356
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 07:33:48 pm »

Well, Mark, I have to say, you can put together a great theory and back it up AND make it accessible to those of us that understand the printing process in a rudimentary way.  Thank you!

I have enjoyed this article and went to your website and read a few more.  I will be back to read them all.  Your insights with regard to the "new" SNR world were interesting to say the least.  I have been wary of this area because of what I see as an explosion of insert notes.  Charlton's list of confirmed inserts for some notes, to me, seem to be highly inflated.  There are pages of them!  Nobody could convince me that anyone is inflating the number of inserts on purpose, but your argument that some may be being "confirmed" a little too early seems to have merit.

Keep up the good work, to EVERYONE; it can only benefit our hobby!

Thanks

Kelly Baumgartner
Steinbach, Manitoba
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 07:47:51 pm by Kelly b. »

There is a thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 10:04:22 am »

Note: This research was offered for publication to the CPMS Newsletter, but was cut.

Mark, can you please reword your introduction? Your article was not "cut" from the CPMS Newsletter, merely deferred to the December issue due to space. The editor and I have consistently maintained full intentions of running your article, but unfortunately we didn't have enough space this month. We are always glad for our members' generous contributions and this is no exception. Your article is wonderful and we fully intend on including it in the December issue. We rarely "cut" any submissions.

Stating that the article was offered and then cut is misleading and simply untrue.

I appreciate your prompt action on this. Thank you
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:07:25 am by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 01:12:54 pm »

Well, Mark, I have to say, you can put together a great theory and back it up AND make it accessible to those of us that understand the printing process in a rudimentary way.  Thank you!

You're welcome, and thank you too!

Your article was not "cut" from the CPMS Newsletter,...

Cut, bumped, either way the Newsletter subscribers who don't want to wait three months can get it now from the author.

No hay banda  
kai
  • Collector of world banknotes
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2011, 04:55:06 am »

Hi All,

In view of the impending polymer notes to be issued in Canada, are there any collector(s) residing in Canada who will be able to assist me in my collection?

Please contact me via my site if you can assist: -

http://paperbanknotes.blogspot.com

Thanks

http://paperbanknotes.blogspot.com

Welcome anyone who wishes to exchange uncirculated banknotes with me. Many Thanks

Login with username, password and session length