Author
Topic: Why can't I post in the trading post?  (Read 9151 times)
headtailgrep
« on: October 08, 2010, 08:29:17 pm »

I do not have the option to create a new post in the Trading post. What's going on, guys?

multicolorama
  • Member since January 2007
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 09:15:48 pm »

Hey, headtailgrep. I think why you can't post in "The Trading Post" is that you don't have 15 posts as a member. You need 7 more to be able to.

Here is a link to read over:

http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/forum/index.php?topic=11470.0

Hope it helps, Multicolorama

headtailgrep
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 11:20:05 pm »

When did this policy change?

I was able to post before. I've been reading and using this site for many years..

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 11:22:17 pm »

headtailgrep: Please refer to the thread referenced in multicolorama's post above. It explains the situation fully.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 11:25:13 pm by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 01:15:21 am »

I think membership in the CPMS would be the ideal reference for new forum members wishing to apply for immediate access to the Trading Post.  Being a CPMS member shows a serious commitment to the hobby.

No hay banda  
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 07:14:30 am »

I think membership in the CPMS would be the ideal reference for new forum members wishing to apply for immediate access to the Trading Post.  Being a CPMS member shows a serious commitment to the hobby.

I would agree with this 100% ;D

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
woodguy62
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 10:32:05 am »

Sorry gents, I respectfully disagree. CPMS and CPMF are separate entities. You can belong to either one and not the other. Besides, $30 shows a serious commitment to the hobby?

This should stay within CPMF.

harwil4u2
  • Paper Money is Art!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 07:23:55 pm »

Why would anybody think that just because you don`t join the club you are not a serious collector  ???
moneycow
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 10:43:59 pm »

I'm pretty sure a serious committment is not pre-requisite here. 

The person who discovers some old notes in grampa's attic may have no interest in our hobby.  A quick google search may lead them to this site, giving forum members an opportunity to make a purchase....or if it's too inconvenient they'll sell it elsewhere. 

I encountered the exact same issue after winning a fancy watch.  I had no interest in being a watch guy and meeting the minimum number of posts on every watch forum with a trading post.  Eventually I sold it elsewhere.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 10:48:34 pm »

I think it would be fair to say that membership in the CPMS does not imply seriousness in the hobby, nor does seriousness in the hobby imply membership in the CPMS. The two ought not to be considered related.

woodguy62 is right in that the CPMF and the CPMS are separate entities. There is some overlap in that I not only operate these forums, but I am also an executive director with the CPMS. It's fine to support the CPMS and recommend membership in the CPMS to our members here, but I believe it would be a personal conflict of interest for me to use my position within the CPMS to verify the membership status of people here. Therefore, I will not be pursuing this as a means of authenticating members.

As I have stated in other threads, this matter is not up for general discussion. The rules are what they are, and they exist for good reasons. That said, I am a reasonable person and may consider case-by-case situations on their individual merits, but the rule as it exists today will stand.

I expect that this will be the end of this discussion. I appreciate everyone's cooperation.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length