Author
Topic: Cobourg Board of Police notes  (Read 4350 times)
paper1848
« on: December 08, 2010, 09:03:50 am »

I'm resuming some research on Cobourg Board of Police notes that includes an updated census and would love to hear from anyone who has a note that is not already listed either in my CPMJ article (1996) or the CPMS census that updates it.

For the census, I'd like to know the denomination ($1 or $2), series (Arms or Ships), serial number, date, payee (e.g., Burnett or Milne), and preferably also condition. If you know some of the note's pedigree (past auction it sold in, etc.), that would be good to know too.

Best, Ted Banning
paper1848
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 09:21:15 am »

Almost forgot -- I'm happy to keep your information confidential by listing the note's current location simply as "private collection." However, information on past pedigree, especially what auction or dealer it came from, can be useful by helping me to identify notes that were listed in auction catalogs without information on serial number or date.

Thanks.
paper1848
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 09:06:05 am »

I notice that four Cobourg notes (one each of $1 and $2 of both series) are listed in the next Torex sale, but they're ones previously documented. So far, I still haven't been able to enlarge my census of these notes very much, so I'm eager to hear of any that forum members might have or know about.

Login with username, password and session length