Author
Topic: Current Market Value  (Read 5635 times)
flyhigh888
« on: January 21, 2011, 01:52:46 pm »

Does anyone know the current market value for a Bird Series ascending/descending ladder radar note? $20.00 note
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 05:02:31 pm »

You're wondering what someone would offer you for one of these notes as opposed to what the catalogue value tells you it is worth?

No hay banda  
flyhigh888
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 12:09:04 am »

Well I'm assuming that its like all about demand.
I believe error notes currently has a higher market value than catalogue value correct?

So is the market value for the the ladder note higher or lower than catalogue at the current moment?
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 12:35:35 am »

Based on what I have seen, ladders are performing better than ladder-radars.  I think the catalogue value of ladder-radars is high, especially on more modern series.  In fact, the catalogue values on both groups are very close.  For example, for bird series $20s, ladders are $550 and ladder-radars are $500.  If I was prospecting, I would bet on bird series ladders as the Bird series finally appears to be gaining strength.

I would put market value on a bird $20 ladder-radar at more like $350-$400.  I would even go as far as to say the catalogue value of ladder-radars keeps the market value higher than it would be otherwise (because of bargain hunters).

I believe error notes currently has a higher market value than catalogue value correct?

I wouldn't say error notes as a whole are increasing in value.  Certain kinds are doing better than others.

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length