Author
Topic: Unconfirmed Journey Replacement note list  (Read 5961 times)
Barracudabarb
« on: March 04, 2011, 11:29:00 pm »

Good evening;

Some background first.
I work at a bank and around 2002 was made aware of the concept of radar notes and replacement notes. I had the opportunity to break down bricks for about a year and was able to pull replacements and the radars towards the end of the bird series and the beginning of the Journey series. Almost all $5's, few $10's.

The reason for my post is to ask if someone doing research maintains a "suspected, but unconfirmed" list for replacements. The majority of the notes I pulled are now listed in the Charlton guide however a few are not. I have searched around the forum and realize many of the unconfirmed notes may stay that way forever [I guess a person just has to keep them and hope the freedom of information act allows someone to get the info from the BofC], however that I thought would ask so at least if there is some else out there with suspected notes I would have some comfort they should be kept.

I wish I kept notes to at least show the bundles they all came from to assist with the research, but unfortunately did not.   Any information would be appreciated. Thanks all
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:38:06 pm »

I would encourage you to contact Mr. Gilles Pomerleau in Quebec with whatever information you have. Gilles tracks information about replacement notes from brick searchers across the country and cross-references it to ultimately produce the replacement ranges that appear in the Charlton guide today.

Gilles' phone number is (819) 878-3517. You can find his mailing address and a little more information in this post:
http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/forum/index.php?topic=8812.0

Funneling your information through Gilles is the best way to make sure it gets into the right hands for the better of the hobby. Thanks!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
OneTime
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 11:15:36 pm »

Welcome to the Forum Barracudabarb.  Was good talking with you outside of the forum a few days ago.

Were you able to find out any information from Gilles?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 11:18:04 pm by OneTime »

Login with username, password and session length