Poll

Should insert notes be worth more if they are close to the start or end of a range?

Yes, I think they should be more valuable
2 (22.2%)
No, I think they should not be more valuable
7 (77.8%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author
Topic: Are insert notes worth more if they are close to the start or ending of a range?  (Read 7653 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

I am just wondering if anyone who collects Journey insert notes feels that inserts found with serial numbers close to the start or end of a confirmed range should have a higher value than those that are not...
Also, how close should they be if you think they should be worth more?

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious

I'm not even capable of a guess because I don't know on what the value of inserts is based.  I think a number close to the end of a range is going to make an insert slightly more salable, but I'm not sure the price would be higher.  I base this on experience... I've sold plenty of inserts but rarely could I get anything close to book value.

No hay banda  
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

Personally I have never sold an insert for more based on the fact that it is close to the start or end of a confirmed range either....the reason I brought this up is because I noticed on GP's pricelist for March there is an example of an insert near the start of a range that is priced higher than one not near the start ...

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious

I don't get Gilles' list.  What was the note in question?

No hay banda  
rocken

A little off topic. Is it true  that for the 1954 series ,you will never find a normal range replacement note numbered 001 or 999 ?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 11:30:04 pm by rocken »

DREDGE
  • Bald is beautiful man:)

Hey squid,

I would have to think that if it was the highest or lowest known number then it might demand a little bit of a premium but otherwise any others would not make a difference, in my opinion.

Dredge

friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

I don't get Gilles' list.  What was the note in question?

The note is a sheet replacement  AAN 1040 - 1160
Gem $40.00   and AAN 1040148 GEM is $45

I do not believe that this range is any more or less difficult to obtain than other ranges and I know that the difference in price is only $5, but ...5 bucks is 5 bucks :)

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious

I wouldn't put a premium on Gilles' note.  It's not that close to the range boundary.

I had $5 AOV 5399979, twenty notes removed from the end of the range, and I got about $10 for it in EF condition.  That's a good price for an EF, methinks.

I currently have $10 BFF 3639985, fourteen notes from the end of the range.  It never occurred to me to ask for a premium.

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length