Poll

If you could collect only ONE type of banknote, what would it be?

Only collect a specific series
19 (27.1%)
Only collect replacement notes
15 (21.4%)
Only collect changeovers
1 (1.4%)
Only collect special number notes
15 (21.4%)
Only collect error notes
9 (12.9%)
Only collect prefixes
1 (1.4%)
Only collect signature varieties
5 (7.1%)
Only collect Test notes
1 (1.4%)
Give up collecting :(
4 (5.7%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author
Topic: If you read this..You must vote :) What type of banknote would you collect ?  (Read 13684 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

Being a slow time on the forum, and April fools being almost a year away I thought to start a poll for members to look at....It only takes seconds to vote, but a detail of your choice and reason is always appreciated :)

FRIEDSQUID
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 03:12:39 pm by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 10:32:28 am »

So far 16 views and only 6 votes...how about for once can everyone vote that looks at the poll...you all have an opinion ...why not just let us know what it is..you don't even have to enter an explanation .... and it is anonymous :)
FRIEDSQUID

harwil4u2
  • Paper Money is Art!

With having so many different way of collecting notes it is hard to stick to one type!
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

With having so many different way of collecting notes it is hard to stick to one type!

I know...but there are always tough choices to make in life :)

harwil4u2
  • Paper Money is Art!

It is like if you see a note at the right price or if you never see that type of note to offten you can`t just let slip by you have to have it.  :P
Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member

Oddly enough, the less I care about accumulating specific notes the more they seem to be made available and the less I need to spend on them.

MG

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

Oddly enough, the less I care about accumulating specific notes the more they seem to be made available and the less I need to spend on them.

MG

Seems to be that way with other things in life...when your specifically looking for something, the prices are always higher because it is something you want at that time, and when you put it in the back of your mind, there pops out that deal on something you wanted for a long time... but I bet when it pops out....you still want to grab it :)

Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member

When the stars align, you're absolutely right

MG

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
Seth
  • Very Senior Member

If I could only collect one type I'd have to say error notes.  For me they are far more interesting than an ordinary looking note like a replacement note; or even a radar or solid numbered note.

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
venga50
  • Very Senior Member

I voted that if I HAD to choose, I would collect a specific series - my favourite series being the Multicolour series that I grew up with.  Then within the Multicolour series I would seek out error notes, specimens, replacements, different signature combinations and hard-to-find prefixes.

coinsoldier

I can not imagine collecting only one type of banknote. I am a collector who is all over the place. I collect all types of banknotes from the United States and Canada, all types of coins from the United States and Canada plus about 40 other countries. I also collect all types of Canada stamps. I think I would have to quit if limited to one thing.
Bruxi

I find it hard to share with others if there is too much focus on the serial numbers.  I like a variety in perfect condition.  Most importantly, notes that allow you to tell a story....
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture

I have focussed a little so I chose "collect my favourite series" - such as Canadian Tire money (NOT!)  :D  Sorry I just had to write that. 

In the past, I've tried to focus on the 1954 series (lots of replacements, tests, errors etc.)  Okay so this series allows me to cheat a little!

I believe focus for ones collection is really important, however difficult that may be...  I've just tried to eliminate higher denominations & whittle down series that no longer interest me.

Most importantly, notes that allow you to tell a story...
  When one finds a note- this is what happens & an easy way to bump one off track!  A note that tells a story is always a keeper for me and one of the reasons I've eased up on the condition of a note.  A note that shows well is important to me.

CA_Banknotes

I like being all over the place as long as the notes are in perfect condition. Serial numbers don't really interest me as much as they used to, as I collect paper money for aesthetics. My main focus is world banknotes- I can't imagine being constrained to just a few dozen possible different notes.
racoon

I would collect only signature varieties as I never came across a really good error note.... which would give me wings....
Signature varieties are easy to come by and less heartbreak if one day you have to spend them.

Login with username, password and session length