Author
Topic: Cobourg Board of Police notes  (Read 4955 times)
paper1848
« on: June 09, 2011, 09:09:56 am »

As I've also listed under "Early Canadian Notes," I'm resuming some research on Cobourg Board of Police notes that includes an updated census and would love to hear from anyone who has a note that is not already listed either in my CPMJ article (1996) or the CPMS census that updates it.

For the census, I'd like to know the denomination ($1 or $2), series (Arms or Ships), serial number, date, payee (e.g., Burnett or Milne), and preferably also condition. If you know some of the note's pedigree (past auction it sold in, etc.), that would be good to know too. However, I'm happy to list the note's location simply as "private collection" if you'd like to remain anonymous.

There are four notes listed in the next Torex auction, but all ones that were previously documented. "New" ones don't seem to appear very often.

I'd love to hear of any notes you have or know about.

Best, Ted Banning
rarecoins2001
    • One coin per country collectors group
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 09:58:37 am »

Where can I view the census?

paper1848
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 03:01:16 pm »

My original census was in Canadian Paper Money Journal 32 (1996): pp. 31-41 (on p. 41).

An updated version was part of the CPMS note registry, which you can buy at http://www.cpmsonline.ca/store.php

Recently I've only been able to add very few notes to that census, and will publish it when I get at least a few more.

Login with username, password and session length