Author
Topic: New notes for 2004  (Read 6204 times)
Martin
  • Global Moderator
  • CPMS member 1494
« on: January 06, 2004, 02:33:58 pm »

This is a reply that Claude received from the BoC and ask me to translate it.

Dear Sir,

this message is in response to your email in which you asked us when the next banknote of the new series will be put in circulation.  The design of the new notes of 20, 50 and 100 dollars of the series Canadian journey is done in parallel.  The Bank of Canada will put one of these notes in circulation in the first quarter of 2004, and the two others will be release during the twelve months following.  These new notes will include safety features even more sophisticated.  The Bank will announce the date of emission and the denomination of the first note to be release at the beginning of 2004.  I thank you for your interest towards the Canadian currency.
Better greetings,
Sylvie Dionne
Équipe chargée de l'observation et de la communication sur les billets de banque
Banque du Canada
1 888 513-8212 www.banqueducanada.ca

I hope my translation is clear  ;)

Here is the link for those of you that read french:
http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=french;action=display;num=1073399746

« Last Edit: January 06, 2004, 03:01:42 pm by detonate »

funky_phantom
  • bill collector & more
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 06:29:51 pm »

Aw shucks your just getting my hopes up again! ;D

jonathan
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2004, 02:49:01 pm »

Whenever there is or has been an announcement on what denomination the next Journey note will be or what date approximately it will be released, could you please let us know?

Thanks, Jonathan
funky_phantom
  • bill collector & more
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2004, 03:17:01 am »

I can't be bothered as much with the new 5's and 10's as I am with the release of the new 20's 50's and 100's. It's "Bone Chillin" waiting, knowing they are coming, watching for the very first one to spotted, and then who will make the post.
I know it won't be me, northern Alberta just isn't conducive to having the first of anything.  Won't be long now I hope. :o

Login with username, password and session length