Author
Topic: Recalling the Journey $100  (Read 4026 times)
RADARjourney
« on: November 25, 2011, 06:41:04 pm »

Squid is right guys. The Bank of Canada is recalling every note without the security strip immediately and as the polymer is released the entire paper denomination is to be sent back. That means when the fifty is released in March the paper will disappear and it will be over no fresh notes. So if you want paper money you gotta get it soon.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 11:08:52 pm by BWJM »
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

Squid is right guys. The Bank of Canada is recalling every note without the security strip immediately and as the polymer is released the entire paper denomination is to be sent back. That means when the fifty is released in March the paper will disappear and it will be over no fresh notes. So if you want paper money you gotta get it soon.

I was fortunate enough to have been able to see a memo sent to a ******* Bank in Toronto regarding what the tellers are being expected to do. Immediately all $100 notes are to be held back and only $100 polymer are to be given to customers. If no $100 polymers are available, smaller denominations will be given in the mean time. Also, they are be directed to immediately pull any denomination without security features as well.
I assume this will only make it easier once all the smaller denominations are released.
There was also a mention of  removing (at teller discretion) any $50 denominations that were in poor condition, even if they had the security features.  I assume this is in preparation for the spring release of the new $50 polymer.
I don't know if all branches/banks are doing this, but the memo did refer to a memo from the Bank of Canada, so I assume if they aren't now, they will be shortly.

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
CA_Banknotes

Most GTA banks are giving out nothing but polymer $100s, so it's evident that the withdrawal of Journey 100s are already under way. A certain bank's teller dispensing machines aren't compatible with the polymer notes yet, and they have to get them from the vault/back desk when a customer asks for $100s.
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious

Gaming institutions are still giving out the old $100 notes.  One I know is particularly rich in brand new Journey $100s.  I don't think they're in a rush to adapt to the new plastic note.  But if you think Journey $100s are going to be super rare by next Tuesday, I'll sell you as many as you need for $195 apiece.

Woops, forgot I'm not supposed to offer stuff for sale in other members' threads  :D

No hay banda  
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593

Hi all
The original post was meant to sell notes on the trading post and not really to be a topic of discussion....maybe we can repost this discusion elsewhere...Thx
FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length