Poll

Should the Canadian Paper Money Forums create a new board for coin-related discussions?

Yes
21 (80.8%)
No
5 (19.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author
Topic: Coin Forums?  (Read 20090 times)
Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2012, 10:19:23 pm »

Those of you who don't want to see coin forums here just have to click one little triangle to make them disappear. All that's left is a 1cm thick strip indicating that they can be unhidden.

{http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/455/screenshot20120307at716.png}

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
only4teeth
  • Forum Moderators
  • CPMS Member 1489
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2012, 10:36:35 pm »

Sounds like everyone wants things the way they were.  Strange... Conduct a poll, get strong support for an idea, but once it's implemented, out come the critics.

I like the coin thread idea, and I don't mind the way everything is set up. My suggestions were only for the benefit of the paper collectors, nothing more.
AZ
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2012, 11:16:13 pm »

Sounds like everyone wants things the way they were.  Strange... Conduct a poll, get strong support for an idea, but once it's implemented, out come the critics.

First of all, thank you Brent for coming up with the idea and adding the new coin threads. We appreciate your time and dedication to the forum.

Many of us are coin collectors as well, and the threads are valuable to us. My only problem is the following. Like some others, I generally do not read individual threads and instead check recent posts a few times a day. I have the page bookmarked and I can quickly scan new posts, without browsing threads of interest to see if they have new information.  The new coin-related posts may add to the number of recent posts, making it harder to filter out new posts. While virtually all banknote posts are of interest to me, only some coin-related posts are.

An ideal situation would be to have two recent posts pages, one for banknotes and one for coins, to keep the two areas separate. I do know this cannot be done.

After using the forum for many years we have become set in our ways and changes may ne hard to adjust to. For sure, let's give this new setup a try and see how it works out.
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2012, 07:25:59 am »

I am 100% in favour of the idea. Whether the forum separates or combines paper and coins doesn't matter since I read every thread anyways. My only concern was paper only collectors would get annoyed with all the excess chatter. I sure hope we continue to try this out for a while and appreciate the effort Brent has put in to give it a go.

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length