Author
Topic: Great Difficulty Registering for CPM forum!  (Read 4031 times)
Bobby Ironsights
« on: December 30, 2011, 02:31:30 am »

Wow, it was hard to register as a member of this forum. It must have taken 10+ tries or more. I sure am glad to be here, I felt like my resolve to begin collecting paper money was being tested by the site.

I bet no spammers get through, but wonder how many legitimate people give up in frustration. :'(

My problems were.

1. only after I chose my password, and "finished" my registration, did the forum rule of uppercase, and lowercase, and digits kick in and reject my attempt. Would be nice to know this before choosing the password.

2. I use Gmail exclusively, like millions of others, and that was rejected as an "illegitimate" email address. Luckily I still have my old Lakehead University email, which is also a Gmail product, but the spam protection luckily didn't know that and allowed me to use it to register. I may never get CPF forum emails, but at least I'm in.

3. I put i after F,G,H, forgetting to capitalize.

4. It kept saying I was putting the wrong letters in the Captcha box, even though I was pretty sure I was getting them right, so I stopped using the "back" option, and started using the "register" button. Last try I changed #3 and #4 at the same time and it let me register so I don't know which one I was doing wrong.

Thanks for letting me in though, glad to be here, hope to learn alot if my urge to collect the pretty artwork that is paper money sticks. :)

Check out my youtube channel if you're a fellow Canadian firearms enthusiast. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6EoYWJuuoE
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 10:53:20 am »

Wow, it was hard to register as a member of this forum. It must have taken 10+ tries or more. I sure am glad to be here, I felt like my resolve to begin collecting paper money was being tested by the site.

Welcome to the forum....persistence and determination have always been good qualities in a paper money collector :)

FRIEDSQUID

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length