Author
Topic: Journey $50 SNR  (Read 4756 times)
tunakahuna
« on: March 20, 2012, 05:22:18 pm »

I have just a quick question for the forum. I have accumulated quite a few SNR's in the Journey $50's. Most are in EF-AU condition. Are these worth saving for the future or is it better to just trade/sell the remaining ones? I have a set of GUNC ones for my collection but had the opportunity to save/collect many more. What are you thoughts? Think they might be worth hanging on too or would the funds be better used to acquire more notes to complete my collection?

Tunakahuna
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 09:34:35 pm »

I have just a quick question for the forum. I have accumulated quite a few SNR's in the Journey $50's. Most are in EF-AU condition. Are these worth saving for the future or is it better to just trade/sell the remaining ones? I have a set of GUNC ones for my collection but had the opportunity to save/collect many more. What are you thoughts? Think they might be worth hanging on too or would the funds be better used to acquire more notes to complete my collection?

If you already have a set of Gem notes I would likely get rid of the EF and AU and put the cash to better use....from my personal dealings I find that the $50 and $100 replacements are collected by far fewer collectors than are the $5 $10 and perhaps $20 SNR's simply because higher denomination notes just in FV tend to cause one to have to hold onto a lot of cash and it is not always possible to do so. I think if you could sell/trade or both to perhaps buy other notes would be a wiser move in my opinion...right now prices are lower and better deals are to be had....

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
only4teeth
  • Forum Moderators
  • CPMS Member 1489
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 08:57:06 am »

I agree with squid, but wanted to add another point. If and when it comes time to sell a collection it would be much easier to unload single notes in a range as opposed to multiples... as they are often bought at a discount.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:58:56 am by only4teeth »
tunakahuna
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 03:02:02 pm »

Thanks for the advice. I tend to have much better luck finding SNRs with the higher denominations for some reason. I think maybe I will start to liquidate (trade, sell) some notes to make other purchases.

What would you recommend for selling or trading? List them in the forum, ebay, take them to a show or local dealer...

Tunakahuna
only4teeth
  • Forum Moderators
  • CPMS Member 1489
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 03:23:15 pm »

What would you recommend for selling or trading? List them in the forum, ebay, take them to a show or local dealer...

I would try to sell them in that order.

Login with username, password and session length