Author
Topic: $100 polymer - "wet trap" printing error?  (Read 4948 times)
beeb
« on: June 01, 2012, 09:58:37 pm »

Hi everyone,
I came across this $100 polymer note. I'm completely new at this, so excuse my terminology etc. I tried doing some research online... and I believe this is a wet trap printing error?

Borden's face is (freakishly) messed up - it looks like someone had been sponge painting over his face. The signature and the writing below the portrait are barely there. The colour is a lot lighter than a normal one. As well, I'm not sure if my picture shows this very well, but the raised letters going across the clear strip above the tower is practically non-existent, and in its place are some small brown ink smudges.

The holograph and the background seem fine. The backside of the note is completely normal.

I'm getting more and more excited about this! I'd love to hear what you guys think?

Thanks!  :)
beeb
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:14:37 pm »

[

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:12:07 pm by beeb »
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:54:33 pm »

That's certainly interesting.  I've never heard of a "wet trap error", and I would be careful of anything that looks like it could be man-made since these new bills are proving easy to play around with.  But there's certainly something to your note.  If it's uncirculated, it's certainly worth more than if it wasn't.

No hay banda  
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 09:01:47 am »

That's certainly interesting.  I've never heard of a "wet trap error",

Here is a link regarding wet trap errors. I did find a $5 Journey (in a sealed BOC brick) once, but it also included the cancellation mark and the notes before and after it in the brick where replaced with replacement notes that had been eventually confirmed by GP.
In fact, the error note was almost stuck inbetween the two replacement notes which I assume to have been due to the excess wet ink.

http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/forum/index.php?topic=2352.0

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series

Login with username, password and session length