Author
Topic: Macklem notes  (Read 5623 times)
tmort
« on: July 31, 2012, 12:19:50 am »

Are the Macklin/Carney's just started to show up?
What about for the $5 and $10 bills?
I struggle  to locate details on the different releases.

CPMS member
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 12:30:55 am »

I've split this post from a thread in the Trading Post and moved it to a more appropriate location.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
CA_Banknotes
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 08:42:44 am »

I saw the first M/C $20s back in June of last year, and I think M/C $5s at the same time too. The BOC seems to have so much inventory that all brand new bundles/bricks I see are J/C notes still.
JB-2007
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 10:06:45 am »

The M/C notes are slow to come out probably like CA-Banknotes mentioned above, too much inventory in new J/C notes. Like the HAE prefix, so far only 2 reported in one year. Probably just before the changeover to the 2013 series we will see the balance of all M/C notes come out quickly. As for M/C $10 notes i doubt we will see any at all on the Journey series. Keep in mind we are less then a year away from the release of the $5 and $10 Polymer. These notes should be out into circulation spring 2013.
tmort
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 10:34:35 am »

Thanks for the input!

CPMS member
FogDevil
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 12:43:44 pm »

I have not seen any M/C Journey notes except for HAF $5's and AHP and AHR $50's.  And with the new Polymer $20 less than a week away from its official release, I find it hard to believe that the Journey $20 on my side will close off midway through the 2010 print year in J/C.

I guess I'm throwing in the towel and safely declaring that the M/C Journey $20's won't be coming my way.  Anyone who has a M/C in my region probably has a collector's item.

Login with username, password and session length